April showers bring May flowers… but meanwhile, you’re stuck with gloomy skies and canceled date nights. If you’re looking for creative ways to connect, laugh, and keep the romance in bloom, here are 6 ideas for rainy-day (or -night) activities:
- Do a puzzle together. Puzzles have positively skyrocketed in popularity during the pandemic, and there are now more kinds of puzzles to choose from than ever before. We love the fun, poppy designs from Puzzledly and Piecework – guaranteed to challenge you while putting you in a good mood.
- Have a spa night. Soak up date night vibes by sharing a candlelit bath. For extra indulgence, try a bath soak like Onsen Saru bath salts by Japanese brand Miyashiro Studio (they also make super cute home goods, FWIW).
- Take a virtual tour. Travel the world without leaving your home. Airbnb Experiences offers an impressive array of virtual tours of museums, landmarks, and more, so you can feel cultured while lounging on the couch.
- Cook a romantic dinner. Tackle that recipe you’ve been wanting to try – or skip the actual cooking and go with a meal delivery service, like Mosaic. Their plant-forward, chef-crafted dishes include Coconut Chickpea Curry, Roasted Grape & Butternut Squash Pizza, and Chipotle Mango Burrito Bowls.
- Attend a virtual concert. Sure, you’re not getting the same kind of energy as when you go to a show in person. But with streaming platforms like Stageit or Bandsintown, you can avoid the crazy crowds and overpriced drinks and just enjoy the music.
- Learn a new skill. Spend the day learning something new together, like a language, craft, or productivity exercise. Use online platforms like Skillshare or Masterclass to get valuable lessons from experts in their fields.